[colug-432] Tethering a Droid

Jonathan Hogue jon at hogue.org
Mon Jul 12 21:58:41 EDT 2010

You can make incoming and outgoing voice work over wifi with something
like sipdroid. flowroute offers voip for a penny a minute. Call
quality on that app is not great. (not the original question, but
something I played with).

But I haven't tried using the bluetooth for internet... might have
better luck with wifi. Over wifi, app store will work, even on phone
without cell service.

I'm not sure how location information would be communicated over wifi,
but I have a deactivated droid you can borrow if you want to
experiment.