[colug-432] Experiences with wireless modems & Linux?

Peter Kukla fruviad at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 10:48:39 EDT 2010

Hello folks,

I'm currently using a Novatel U720 to connect from home to the Internet.  I live in the middle of nowhere, and wireless is about the best option available.

My U720 is dying, and it's time to replace it.  I don't have a desire to change plans, so I will stay with Sprint for the time being.

Has anyone out there been using Sprint and a more modern wireless modem (preferably with a USB connection from modem to box) to connect using Linux?  Willing to share opinions on it?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Kukla