[colug-432] Experiences with wireless modems & Linux?

Andrew M Stemen andrew at andrewmstemen.net
Mon Jul 19 22:14:31 EDT 2010

If you're willing to consider another approach, I've had excellent
success with the Cradlepoint MBR1000 wireless router.

Cradlepoint MBR1000:
http://www.cradlepoint.com/products/mbr1000-mobile-broadband-039n039-router-3g4g-wireless-router

I went that route so that I can configure my PCs once (either wired or
wireless), and not worry about re-configuring them if/when I change
modems or even service providers. For what it's worth, I've used both
Linux and Windows installations on PCs connected to that router.

---
Andrew Michael Stemen
andrew at andrewmstemen.net