[colug-432] Dual Monitor Color Correction

Rob Haag rhaag71 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:20:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Thomas W. cranston <
cranston.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> **
> On 08/17/2011 02:46 AM, Rob Haag wrote:
>
> Does anybody have any experience with color correction for a dual monitor
> setup. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 with Gnome 2.32 desktop (and compiz), I have
> two brand new, identical displays and am having quite a color
> difference. I'm also using an Nvidia card with proprietary drivers, and both
> displays are connect via DVI. I have tried resetting both display's settings
> to factory...several times. I have also tried swapping the cables around,
> and the color remains per display (it is obvious, one has quite a red hue on
> certain items and the other has a green).
>
>  Thanks,
> Rob Haag

>  Is there a difference if you connect each monitors as single monitor?
>
> Tom

Yeah, I have definitely determined that differences are right in the
displays, so not my card, cable, etc. I did try them as individuals and even
swapped position on the cables and the color stayed with each display. It's
not so bad though that their is any kind of 'wow' factor or anything. Guess
I was just sorta lucky before, two totally different displays (even
different geometry) and color differences were quite subtle.