[colug-432] Keyboard oddness

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Thu Aug 18 10:41:20 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:26:35 AM Jeff Frontz wrote:
> When you type the shift-quote on the external keyboard, do you get
> absolutely nothing at linux or do you get an apostrophe?  Also, is the
> behavior different if you're running on the bare-bones console (vs.
> running X)?

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think to check outside of X already.
The behavior seems to be similar at the console though.

Usually I get nothing. Sometimes I get an apostrophe; the apostrophe seems to
be much more likely with one shift key than the other.

Maybe I just need to take apart the keyboard and clean it.