[colug-432] (IBM!) Keyboard Oddness

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 15:31:26 EDT 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:01:45 -0400, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:

> (... I like this 1996 IBM keyboard.)

Ahh. I missed that earlier. I understand.

That you have an IBM keyboard also makes me suspect other stuff
first, unless the suspect keys _feel_ different. If debugging
indicates the keyboard to be the problem, your chance of
success cleaning or repairing an old IBM keyboard is better than
for the new junk. If you have the buckling spring type, reassembly
requires more patience than for other keyboards. There are some
tricks.

(written on an IBM (Lexmark) keyboard made in 1995)