[colug-432] Keyboard oddness

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Thu Aug 18 16:22:27 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 04:04:31 PM Jeff Frontz wrote:
> Unicomp (pckeyboards) has the best most awesomest keyboards that have
> ever existed -- now known as "Endurapro" -- with the prized "buckling
> spring technology".  Accept no substitutes.

I'm probably the only geek around that doesn't actually like loud clicky
keyboards.

On the other hand, my IBM KB-8923 is still louder than the modern Apple
keyboards the rest of my office uses. It's rubber-dome, but it's *good*
rubber-dome. See also:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?15185-My-take-on-the-IBM-KB-8923-keyboard
One comment there: "Too bad too, that some people mistake this keyboard for
the model M. I guess it has to do with the tactile feel of the keys and the
fact that it does make more noise than most rubber domes made today."