[colug-432] Off site email hosting

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:45:44 EDT 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:24, "David Sherman" <davidhsherman at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> Gmail doesn't work for me. Some days, I get about 500 email messages with
> 400 spam messages. I could never get gmail to filter the spam properly.

In all seriousness, you're the first person I've ever heard report anything even close to that volume of spam misses on gmail.  You're sure you didn't turn off the gmail spam filtering, or that you're maybe classifying anything "I don't care about this email" as spam?

The only way I think you're going to get better filtering, IMHO, is to run your own instance of something like spamassassin and training it yourself.  That takes work, patience, and some level of technical expertise to understand what SA is doing.

-rj