[colug-432] are the meetings on google calendar? yahoo calendar?

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 19 09:09:35 EST 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:24:59 -0500, Rick Troth <rmt at casita.net> wrote:

> I like the idea.  But I quite agree that slaving one calendar to the
> other via automation would be vital.  (Or maybe a two-way sync? Dunno
> how the current calendar is maintained, but looks like plain HTML with
> a bit o PHP.)

Yup and viewable with any browser.

> Someone accused me last week of being a Google fan.  I'm a fan of open
> protocols, for which in this case Google Calendar talks CalDAV (maybe
> others).

Ah, that sounds like an itch you have. Here's your chance to
scratch it by writing the automation that screen scrapes
colug.net and posts to Google's calendar.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:39:58 -0500, "Steve VanSlyck" <s.vanslyck at spamcop.net> wrote:

> Have everyone forgotten about Yahoo? Why does the herd of
> independent thinkers have its telescope fixed on Google?

Ah, that sounds like an itch you have. Here's your chance to
scratch it by writing the automation that screen scrapes
colug.net and posts to Yahoo's calendar.

Likewise others can automate other screen scrapers that post
to other calendars. Scratch away.