[colug-432] are the meetings on google calendar? yahoo calendar?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Dec 19 09:30:59 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM,  <jep200404 at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:24:59 -0500, Rick Troth <rmt at casita.net> wrote:
>> Someone accused me last week of being a Google fan.  I'm a fan of open
>> protocols, for which in this case Google Calendar talks CalDAV (maybe
>> others).
>
> Ah, that sounds like an itch you have. Here's your chance to
> scratch it by writing the automation that screen scrapes
> colug.net and posts to Google's calendar.

Yes, because scraping screens is the right way to solve data
interchange problems in the year 2011.

Who needs things like native calendaring protocols or RSS or portable
data formats when you can scrape HTML like it's 1999!

The fact that you don't use a modern portable device that can't speak
CalDAV doesn't mean the rest of us need to suffer in the last century
with you. :)

Cheers,
Scott