[colug-432] are the meetings on google calendar?

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Mon Dec 19 09:48:37 EST 2011

On Monday, December 19, 2011 08:39:58 AM Steve VanSlyck wrote:
> Have everyone forgotten about Yahoo? Why does the herd of independent
> thinkers have its telescope fixed on Google?

Yahoo is dying. They are stagnating, stuck in the internet of ten years ago,
and are having trouble getting income. They are doing interesting things with
Javascript, but not much user-visible stuff.

I'm not a fan of a lot of what Google has done since Larry Page has taken over
as CEO, but the fact remains that they are one of the major powers in today's
internet, always trying new and interesting things, while still keeping at
least a toe in the open-source and open-protocols world.