[colug-432] More Centos^WUbuntu

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Tue Dec 20 17:45:14 EST 2011

Bill,

I've been doing a lot of distro testing on my Samsung NF-210 netbook.  I've
tried everything from Arch to Xubuntu.  The two that seemed to work out the
best out of the box were Linux Mint 11 LXDE (LXDE is as close to Gnome 2 as
I've found, but still not as good as Gnome 2) and Debian testing with
Awesome WM (the learning curve is steep because its very "self-configured",
but the screen real-estate is great and I like that everything can be done
via keyboard without much fuss, and I've been increasingly attracted to
keyboard-only interaction due to some wrist issues).  Your mileage may vary.

-Eric