[colug-432] Android

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Fri Dec 30 09:10:25 EST 2011

No.  Phone is a Motorola DroidX.  Nice box.  Big screen.  All touch.

Synch of contacts from Google account(s) to phone and vice-versa works
and is desired.

The phone has a feature of "linking" (not synching), where for example
my own contact info is in phone storage *and* in Google land.  That's
fine too.  BUT the phone has a nasty habit of aggressively "linking"
many other contacts (Google contact with a similar sounding Google
contact).  Dunno if this is a Motorola thing or a Verizon thing or an
Android thing.  Trying to turn it off.  (stop it doing automatic)

If the over-linking (my term) is a Motorola thing or a Verizon thing,
then I suspect going to Cyanogenmod will alleviate this problem.  I do
expect to root the phone.  I MAY also switch to Cyanogenmod.  If I do
either, and it helps, I'll repot back on this thread.

-- R; <><