[colug-432] su broken on ...

Brian Miller bnmille at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:35:48 EST 2011

On 02/21/2011 01:04 AM, Vincent Herried wrote:
> I should have noted that SELinux was disabled in my first post.
> I tried the  touch /.autorelabel
> and re-booted... still no joy... no idea what else to try.
> Untill something breaks loose... sudo bash works.

I would look at the /etc/pam.d/su configuration file, and compare that
to the /etc/pam.d/sudo configuration file (and maybe even the
/etc/pam.d/su configuration file from an earlier version).  I don't use
Fedora, but at a guess I would think there is something in the "su" file
that isn't in sudo, and maybe you aren't in the correct group, or
something like that.