[colug-432] Looking for a Linux-based time-keeping application

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 25 07:18:18 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> I personally do not know of any such application to exist. Although it
> sounds like an awesome app to develop for the freelance job space. I am
> excited to hear what responses you get.

As a scatterbrained lawyer I would find this pretty useful.

On another front....

Does anyone perhaps have such a thing as an - alias file?? - that would
translate DOS command line commands to to their linux bash shell
equivalents? Mostly what I would like is DIR and CD so that I can
navigate around and find stuff more easily while I learn linux. I'm
embarking on this again after abandoning the project a year ago.

Also, Linux for Dummies is a leeeetle to basic for me. A year ago some1
suggested another book. Not via this list, but I thought I would ask
around here to see if someone might be able to read that person's mind a
year ago and tell me what publication they suggested. I do know it is
completely downloadable as well as available in print.