[colug-432] Looking for a Linux-based time-keeping application

Zachary Snyder zack.m.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:21:26 EST 2011

I personally do not know of any such application to exist. Although it
sounds like an awesome app to develop for the freelance job space. I am
excited to hear what responses you get.

-Zack

On Feb 24, 2011 7:30 PM, "Peter Kukla" <fruviad at yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm working on several projects, and often jerked from one to another.

I'd like to start keeping closer tabs on how much time I spend on each
project.

My initial thought is that it would be nice to have a pop-up to grab my
attention in my X Window session every N minutes to ask me what I'm doing.
 I could drag my attention away from whatever task I was working on just
long enough to select a radio button or type a keyword or whatever and have
the result stored where it could be tracked later.

Do you have a favorite app for this sort of itch?  Or something that will do
the job better in a different way?

My workstations are Ubuntu 10.x.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

-peter