[colug-432] Streaming

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 18:10:07 EST 2011

Hi,

You wrote:

> I streamed ACL 1/1/11 (Cheap Trick) this week at the Library. It does
> not show up in tmp. Any idea where they hide it?

Nope. I do not even know if it is on your hard drive.

> Does streaming work different than downloading a You Tube video?

I do not know.

> Where does Austin City Limits hide their stream in my computer?

Flash considers users to be the scum of the earth.
I expect that PBS (not Austin City Limits) has decided
to make saving the stream difficult. Search for flash in
add-ons for Mozilla/IceWeasel. Try the different downloaders.

Here's something to try.

Before going to the web site for the video, execute:

   man find
   find / >before.files

As you are watching the video, execute:

   find / >while.files