[colug-432] Mail Fail

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Tue Jan 18 19:16:29 EST 2011

> To revisit the problem Bill was having a bit ago with random cases of mail
> fail, I just got a call from a friend saying that mail to my wife (on my
> domain) bounced back with a domain not found error.

I had a problem like this once.  When I hosted my DNS server on the same
box as the mail server (i.e. on my DSL line), DNS lookups for my MX
records would intermittently fail - and I couldn't explain why.

I use register4less for my domains - and they were able to host my DNS for
me.  After I made this change, I did not have any additional problems with
mail.  So I'd see if you can use your domain registrar as your DNS
provider.

-Josh