[colug-432] Testing my SSH server

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 2 15:08:15 EDT 2011

I just started using a public key for authentication to my SSH server.
I've tested the public key on my internal network and it works just
fine.  But when I try to use the external IP address from my internal
network, it gives me a "Connection refused" error.  I've verified that
the port forwarding is turned on in my router, like it was before I
started trying to use the public key.  Could someone on this list try my
SSH server from outside my network to see if you're able to at least get
to the "Permission denied" message?  The IP address is 24.145.138.230,
port number 443.

Thanks