[colug-432] CyanogenMod

Aaron Howard archanoid at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:08:26 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM, philip farris <philipfarris at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been wanting to check out the CyanogenMod rom for a while what
> version are you running on your D1?
>
> I have the latest Chevy #1 Simply Stunning running @ 1ghz and it TRULY was
> like getting a new phone.  Any suggestions on decent terminal emulators for
> Android.  The one named "Terminal Emulator" is so-so.

I am running 6.1.2 on my D1. I've had a few minor issues from time to time
but no more than the stock Verizon rom and there are features I can use now
that I couldn't before (as well as apps I hate and don't want to run so I
can uninstall them whereas VZW stock won't let you).

It also plays video way smoother and better than stock VZW, which is a
bonus. Now I'm really interested in getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 and throwing
CM7 on it but that phone still doesn't seem to be available on VZW even
though I thought I read something that said it would be available by now.

As for terminal emulators, I have used ConnectBot (an SSH client
technically) and liked it but I don't spend a lot of time using a command
line on my phone.