[colug-432] Looking for info on Columbus

Mike Schoenborn rtfm at columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 01:08:05 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 11:32 -0500, Chris Snyder wrote:
> - What are the 'good' vs 'bad' areas of Columbus to live?  Does any
> place in particular warrant special attention one way vs the other or
> is it all one big happy community?

This may open your eyes a bit:

http://www.columbuspolice.org/Reports/StepOne.aspx

This appears to be a googlized mashup of the same data:

http://spotcrime.com/oh/columbus

One thing that doesn't show up on any map to my knowledge is how, on
certain days of the year, a warm gentle south westerly breeze will carry
a "unique" aromatic flavor up from the trash dump / rendering plant /
stagnant Scioto River (of whatever the hell the source is).  I'd hate
for you spend April closing a real estate deal on a great roomy house in
a clean and tidy neighborhood, only to discover in late July you'd
really like to trade up to some hovel next to a pig farm.

I can't tell you the exact boundries of the affected area, but be wary
of any responses to this post that include the phrase "It's really not
all that bad..."