[colug-432] Looking for info on Columbus

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Tue Mar 1 08:53:08 EST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Mike Schoenborn wrote:

> One thing that doesn't show up on any map to my knowledge is how, on
> certain days of the year, a warm gentle south westerly breeze will carry
> a "unique" aromatic flavor up from the trash dump / rendering plant /
> stagnant Scioto River (of whatever the hell the source is).  I'd hate
> for you spend April closing a real estate deal on a great roomy house in
> a clean and tidy neighborhood, only to discover in late July you'd
> really like to trade up to some hovel next to a pig farm.
>
> I can't tell you the exact boundries of the affected area, but be wary
> of any responses to this post that include the phrase "It's really not
> all that bad..."

Of course there are good smells too (depending on one's sensitivities).
The bakery downtown that tempts you with doughnut smells on the freeway.
The beer plant on the north that blankets the area with the smell of
fermentation on Sunday evening....
The smell of 10,000 grills on game day near the campus..