[colug-432] Lenny package installation problem

Robert Grimm robertgrimm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:33:30 EST 2011

I have a mail and web server running Lenny that I can't install or
update packages on. Dpkg has problems with Breaks. I found a site that
said the fix for that is to manually install it. I tried, but it
failed because libc6 is out of date. I tried installing the version
that it required, but since I have a kernel in the 2.4 series, I have
to upgrade to 2.6. I tried to do that, but it failed because I don't
have a new enough libc6. I seem to be stuck in a chicken and egg
problem. I really just need to update PHP5, but I can't do that until
I get this resolved. I've considered getting a Squeeze disc and
updating from that, but there is no good time for that because I have
people relying on it for mail. I'm also afraid of Qmail not working
afterward. What should I do?

Robert Grimm
Voice: (614) 212-4625
http://www.datablitz.net