[colug-432] Grub 2.0

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Mon Nov 21 10:08:39 EST 2011

On Monday, November 21, 2011 09:49:48 AM Travis Sidelinger wrote:
> Has anyone worked with GRUB 2.0 yet?
>   # grub2-install --version
>   grub-install (GNU GRUB 1.98
>
> I've been trying to create a bootable USB drive with a variety of boot
> options

That's almost exactly the extent to which I've messed with grub2. (I also
upgraded to it on my desktop system, but I didn't do much configuring there.)

Here are the cheat codes:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-via-grub2-using-linux/
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/multibootlinux/grub.cfg

> 3. I can't get "chainloader" to work at all.

I haven't gotten it to work either, at least when trying to boot an XP CD
image, but I considered that one to be a bonus after getting Linux images to
boot, and therefore didn't try very hard.