[colug-432] DD-WRT

Tom Hanlon tom at functionalmedia.com
Mon Oct 24 10:31:14 EDT 2011

DD-WRT

If I recall the interface made more sense than the linksys interface.

It gave me the ability to use the wrtg45 as a bridge.

Use the WIFI to connect to my wireless verizon card, and then use the cabled connections to connect to another wireless router.

The WiFI card provided WiFI only no cat5 cable.

Lots of devices claim to work as a bridge or an WiFI extender but that all seem impossible. The engenius range extender only worked with other engenius, the Buffalo bridge or extender that I bought actually seemed to work but failed pretty quickly.

With DD-WRT I was able to bridge WiFI to cat5 in no time. Sure a dedicated machine could have done the same, but it was nice that DD-WRT gave me that flexibility.

--
Tom