[colug-432] Keysigning Party at OLF

Richard Troth rmt at casita.net
Sat Sep 3 13:44:00 EDT 2011

Wow ... this topic gets me stoked.  Thanks Aaron for organizing the
key signing.

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:17, Bill Baker <bill_chris at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I was going to ask how to sign your key, but I found that information on
> the web page for the keysigning party.  I just wanted to make sure I
> knew how to do it in case I ever decided to attend one.

So ... you're not going to sign his key  *right now*,  correct?  Good.
Come to the key-signing party, collect validations in person, *then* sign keys.
Also be sure to upload keys you have signed.

This is deep magic.
It is really cool ... but be sure to dig into it first and don't be
hoodwinked by convenience.
YES, you want Evolution to validate signatures automatically.  But
take it to heart when it warns you.  The security implications may be
small today, but could be huge in time.

I'll put some back story in a following post, but let me encourage
everyone to come to Aaron's BoF.  MEANWHILE, check out the Wikipedia
description about a web of trust.  (Or is that "the" web of trust??)

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_Trust

There is also a piece I did on the concept ...

        http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc6n97p5_2grsb9whp

(But has not been updated in more than a year.  Sorry.)

-- Rick;   <><