[colug-432] PICC'12 in New Brunswick, NJ - Road Trip?

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:29:56 EDT 2012

So, after looking at my various options, it seems that I'm going to be
driving to New Brunswick, NJ to go to the PICC SysAdmin conference (
http://www.picconf.org). If anyone else is interested in going, I'm going
to be renting a car, and you're welcome to come along and help split the
gas with me :-D

PICC is May 11th and 12th. Registration for the conference is $584 (that's
a 2 days of training, or a day of training and a day of tech sessions) or
$334 for just the sessions.

When I reserved my rooms, the only one left was one with two double beds,
so if you need a room, I'd be happy to split costs with you there, too.
Plus we get to become very good friends during the 19 hour round trip (
http://goo.gl/LmPK4). Sigh.

Essentially, renting the car will cost me something like $150 plus gas.
Greyhound is right around that same price, but 12 hours on a Greyhound bus
would drive me crazier than I am already. Flying is easily twice the cost,
but I'm paying for it out of my own pocket, and I'm a cheapskate.

So anyway, if you're interested, let me know and we'll carpool.

--Matt

--
LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.