[colug-432] Reading Linux Books

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:16:57 EDT 2012

Hello Colugers,

For those of you who read technical books about Linux, I pose a
question. Suppose you are reading a book on subject matter, and that
book also includes a project that illustrates the subject matter. What
format would you prefer?

a) 3-4 chapters, where the first half of each chapter explains the
theory behind one aspect of the project, and the second half of the
chapter explains how to recreate what I did.

b) 3-4 chapters, each chapter covering the theory behind one aspect of
the project, and a final chapter saying, "here's how I built this."

Each component of the project can be done in and of itself, and
applied to other projects.

Thanks!
-Josh