[colug-432] I/O Error?

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Dec 6 10:43:05 EST 2012

Likely, the error is with the drive. Downloading the ISO again will land
the bits on different sectors, so that's what I would do. It is rare that
I've had a download complete successfully with modern protocols and have it
be corrupt, but for an underlying storage issue.

Especially when dmesg and smartctl are both reporting the same problem and
is being reported from the storage driver as opposed to a specific file I/O
operation failing.