[colug-432] RAM

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Mon Dec 10 16:58:09 EST 2012

Tom,

Even if the DIMM that is physically compatible with the slot is available
in larger sizes, it doesn't mean that your mobo chipset be able to use it.
If it sees it, it might not see all of it, or it might even refuse to see
the memory at all.

I plugged your info in at Kingston.com because they have a memory/system
configurator which I've always found to be useful.

It spits out that you have 2 slots, and each can be either blank, or up to
2048mb. That means you have a max of 4gb on that system.

To answer your question of "verify" - I would hate to see you go out and
spend money on a 4gb dimm to prove a point, since memory is not usually
returnable. I would go with what the specs say, and verify them a couple
different ways (e.g. Dell.com and Kingston.com).