[colug-432] Phone Line Connections

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 18:09:31 EST 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:40:59 -0500, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:

> But it's a good idea to connect the
> black and yellow wires throughout the house in case you get a second line
> sometime. (My second line inside the house ended up being very useful for
> DSL.)

Does DSL like a straight line with the DSL modem at the end
and does not like a branching topology? Is one clean way of
supporting DSL and multiple telephones to have the
DSL/phone splitter filters where the phone service comes into
the house, then connect the filtered phone service to the
all the red/green pairs of the various phone jacks in parallel,
and to connect the filtered DSL service to the black/yellow
pair of _only_ the phone jack that will have the DSL modem on it?
Is DSL sensitive to this kind of stuff when one is far from the
DSL company's modem?