[colug-432] Insight Broadband Dynamic IP Problem

Stephen Potter spp at unixsa.net
Fri Feb 10 14:47:44 EST 2012

On 2/10/2012 2:34 PM, Rob Stampfli wrote:
> Several questions:
>
> 1.  Are others experiencing this problem, or is it just me?

I am not having this problem; I've had four different IP addresses in
about 10 years of being with Insight.  I use one of Insight's modems and
a COTS NetGear wireless router/switch as my front end.  I've had a few
other problems, like six weeks where they couldn't figure out why my
modem rebooted every day at the same time.  After replacing everything
from UTP to my router out to the demark point, they finally determined
the problem was affecting the entire loop of 108 houses, even though no
one else was reporting it!  My neighborhood also seems oversubscribed,
because we have constant problems streaming Net Flix from 9:30 - 11:30
pm every night.  Great speeds during the day, but something eats up all
the bandwidth every night, just like clockwork.

-spp