[colug-432] org-mode alternatives?

Matthew Hyclak hyclak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:16:59 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:
> Jon's org-mode presentation last night helped motivate me to get
> better organized myself, but I'm not quite ready to adopt emacs as the
> tool to help me do it.
>
> What are folks on this list using to maintain task lists, todos,
> agendas, notes, etc?
>
> I use Evernote on my phone for some stuff. I used to use Tomboy
> (http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/) but haven't been very diligent
> with it of late.

Once upon a time, I followed
http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2008/05/guest-post-advanced-gtd-with-remember-the-milk/
and got my RTM account set up to do this. However, the lack of a good
RTM client for my phone (webOS) and my general laziness led to me
abandoning the practice.

While Jon's talk did not inspire me to lower myself ;-) to using
emacs, it did inspire me to start getting my stuff together again. I
would be interested to hear other options as well.

Matt