[colug-432] org-mode alternatives?

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Thu Jan 26 10:55:07 EST 2012

Like you, I'm not an EMACS heavy.
(But after Jon's talk last night, I was prodded to upgrade my source
build to 23.3b stable.)

I've been assimilated.
I use Googoo calendar for tasks, Googoo contacts, and even Googoo docs
(not as much).  Their search capabilities are fan-tab-u-lous when I
forget where some item got organized to.

This is why I asked Jon during his pres about synch: I would probably
NOT have embraced the Google stuff if I could not walk away with it.
(They still let you do that.)  As it stands, I use both Google's web
interface and client tools (TBird or Evolution) for email and cal.  So
if I could synch between Googleland and org-mode, things would be even
more way cooler betterer.

I rarely use "tasks" in any tool, but instead create a normal calendar
event (with a date stamp which then is either the target or the
inception).  For notes, again a calendar event and jot down stuff in
the "Description" field.

The fact that all this stuff syncs to the phone is HUGE.

-- R; <><

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:
> Jon's org-mode presentation last night helped motivate me to get
> better organized myself, but I'm not quite ready to adopt emacs as the
> tool to help me do it.
>
> What are folks on this list using to maintain task lists, todos,
> agendas, notes, etc?
>
> I use Evernote on my phone for some stuff. I used to use Tomboy
> (http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/) but haven't been very diligent
> with it of late.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott