[colug-432] PyOhio T-Shirt Deadline is fast approaching.

Brian Costlow brian.costlow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 20:44:28 EDT 2012

Hey everyone, if you want to get a cool PyOhio T-Shirt this year (
http://t.co/k3OZ5UNo ), you need to register for PyOhio by July 5th. We
didn't get a T-Shirt sponsor this year, so we're asking folks to donate
$20.00 for a shirt if you want one. To guarantee we'll have one for you in
your size, you need to register by midnight EDT on July 5th—and check the
box that says you want a shirt.

About PyOhio

PyOhio is one of the largest Python conferences in the US, and the largest
entirely free Python conference anywhere. PyOhio 2012 will take place
Saturday-Sunday, July 28-29, 2012 at the Ohio State University in Columbus,
Ohio. A variety of activities are planned, including tutorials, scheduled
talks, Lightning Talks, Open Spaces and Sprints.

This year we doubled the number of talk proposals from last year, and will
be adding a fourth track of talks and tutorials.

If Registration is Free, Why Should I Register?

The more people that register in advance, the better we can plan for space,
snacks, drinks, etc.

How Do I Register?

http://pyohio.org/register/

I'm Coming In From Out Of Town, Where Can I Stay?

There is no officially designated PyOhio hotel, but the nearest one to the
Ohio
Union is the Blackwell:

http://www.theblackwell.com/

We've arranged a rate of $119.00 per night for PyOhio attendees (while the
block lasts).  To get the $119 rate, you need to reserve by phone
(866-247-4003) and ask for the PyOhio rate.

Here are some other hotels in the vicinity:

http://www.hipmunk.com/#!ohio+union+columbus+oh,Jul27.Jul29;1739+High+St+Columbus+OH+43210,Jul27.Jul29@1

How Can I Help?

PyOhio is entirely volunteer run. If you would like to volunteer, check the
"Contact Me, I'd Like To Volunteer" box when registering. Or go here and
add your name: http://pyohio.org/Volunteer/

Since the conference is free to attend, and volunteer-run, we rely on
generous sponsors for things we have to pay for, like the venue,
refreshments, printing, and videography. If you can sponsor the conference,
or put us in touch with someone who might become a sponsor, respond back to
this email with your contact information.

Thanks!

The PyOhio 2012 Organizing Committee