[colug-432] USB hub you'd trust attached to your server?

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:41:28 EDT 2012

Yes, exactly.

Beware that (depending on your kernel/udev version), the various
manuals and articles often make incorrect claims about what gets
pumped out from the kernel to udev (and/or what udev seems to be able
to comprehend).  I think some of them were written by USB/kernel
architects as being fact when they were actually a wish list; then
when the actual developers got to work, the imagined wasn't quite
possible.  But then, that's normal for product development ;-)

Jeff