[colug-432] 80-cols email?

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Jul 5 14:41:01 EDT 2012

I've seen this reference more than once, and pardon the lack of context in
this area as to who this serves, but who still, in 2012, is using a modern
communications protocol like e-mail, yet using a program for it that is
incapable of something as simple as line-breaking and paragraph formatting,
so as to not overrun the screen on an 80-column reader?

And what program is this that has such a problem?

Perhaps Stallman is on our list? :)

Sorry if I'm swinging a stick at a hornets nest here, but the topics on this
list are usually of the "how can I use this newer technology" and hardware
enablement on Linux...  rather than the "how do I keep this dinosaur 386
hardware running" variety, so this ever-so-simple email issue seems a bit
odd.

--
Angelo

/written via an app that will auto wrap long lines for me for plain text
readers.