[colug-432] CD ripper replacement for gRip? - Asunder, RipperX, Ripoff

Brian Miller bnmille at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 17:56:38 EDT 2012

On 06/09/2012 11:08 AM, R S Prigan wrote:
> After happily using grip for many years, I am seeking a replacement.
> This is precipitated by updating my daughters' box to Kubuntu 12.04,
> which on that system forced removal of grip and libraries.  (I am
> still running it on openSUSE 12.1 ...  for now)
>

> I note that k3b can rip and encode, as long as appropriate plugins are
> there ... It appears I can configure quality, but i wonder if the
> settings - esp. location "stick?"

I use k3b exclusively.  Although I've never tried to make a music CD.  I
do know you can make a number of configuration changes, and then say,
"this is my default from now on".  The latest version might even allow
you to set up a couple of different profiles, for different types of CD
burns.  (It seems to me there was something that implied that on the
start page.) I'm not on a KDE desktop at the moment, so can't really
check that.