[colug-432] CD ripper replacement for gRip? - Asunder, RipperX, Ripoff

R S Prigan lordscotus1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:55:04 EDT 2012

Thanks for the comments!

I couldn't find Audex in the sourceforge projects, but just a glance
at the screenshot in my VM Ubuntu's  synaptic appears like something
eminently configurable. (Also available as rpm for openSUSE 12.1)

I've experimented with Asunder. It's not bad, but there is no config
for exact specification of lame command line, rather an "acceptable"
option for VBR with bitrate range specifications - e.g. 225, 345..
(Also available as rpm for openSUSE 12.1)  I also noted some
inaccuracies in the id3 tag lookup here, but it could be using the
wrong source.

I took another look at k3b, and found (buried) provisions to add
patterns with exact specifications for ripping and location, etc. *I
think  I'll use this one for my teen daughter's Kubuntu  box for
starters, as she already uses k3b when wishing to burn something --
and she is not a command line kid.  :'(

Scott