[colug-432] Get Started with Arduino and iOS - Save 60% for One Week Only

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue May 15 10:40:30 EDT 2012

I know we have Arduino on the docket for our next meeting;  I
received this just now

forwarded matter with interlineated commentary:

On Tue, 15 May 2012, O'Reilly Media wrote:

> O'Reilly Media  |  Books and Videos
>
> *** Get Started with Arduino and iOS ***
> Save 60% - One Week Only

> Turn your iPhone or iPad into the hub of a distributed
> sensor network with the help of an Arduino microcontroller.
> For Objective-C programmers who like to experiment, Alasdair
> Allan's new video and related ebook explain the basics of
> Arduino and other hardware components you need--and lets you
> have fun in the process. The new video also covers the
> latest TTL Redpark Serial Cable for iOS.

> View the Titles:
> http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z6h5tgrljhivcrps6n2o9hs88r40tp2qv9r72eug

That URL de-references to
 	http://shop.oreilly.com/category/deals/alasdair-allan-owo.do?imm_mid=08688c&cmp=em-code-books-videos-alllan-owo-direct

if you do not wish to be tracked

'iOS Sensor Apps with Arduino'
 	looks interesting, but at 128 pages, and O'RA's
penchant for adding much 'boilerplate' matter at the front and
back of their paper boots, it seems to cook down to 107 pages
of 'meat'.  Reviewing the on-line preview matter, it seem to
be written in the 'conversational' rather than 'technical
formal' form from O'RA in days past ... not a good thing for
my way of thinking

I'll request a review copy

> Use discount code: WKAAVE. This deal expires May 21, 2012 at
> 11:59pm PT, and cannot be combined with other offers.

-- Russ herrold