[colug-432] CUPS Server

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:15:53 EDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 12:55, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:

> Since I'm an old-
> school command-line guy I went straight for "sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart"
> and that fixed it (while complaining that I should've used the "service"
> command, whose parameter order I never remember).

Kids these days and their fancy "service" commands. We used to have to walk to school uphill...

I personally still use the init.d scripts myself. I like the tab completion, and using "service" doesn't seem to have a big enough advantage to switch. It cleans up the environment? bah. The environment is organized just how I like it. Now get off my lawn... ;)