[colug-432] Amazing Deal

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:47:41 EST 2012

Yes, they're very tricky about rebranding Linksys junk with a SOHO or
SMB/SME label, then selling it to people who trust the Cisco name.

>From the "Simple, browser-based configuration" feature listing, 1 year
warranty, and complete lack of failure rate stats in the datasheet (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9923/ps9928/data_sheet_c78-496735.html),
I'd say it's definitely rebranded Linksys, not well-engineered Cisco stuff.

It'll probably work alright, I just wouldn't expect it to be overly
reliable in the long run. And watch the temperature on it.

--Matt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM, FiL Farris <philipfarris at gmail.com> wrote:

> There IS a identical product stamped Linksys though.
>
> Strange as I always have associated this form factor with Cisco products.
> On Nov 28, 2012 11:27 PM, "FiL Farris" <philipfarris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Cisco bought Linksys and I know their products & packaging often contain
>> both names.
>>
>> These are Cisco Small Business products.  The packaging is all Cisco as
>> is the documentation and the routers are stamped CISCO across the top.
>> Just snapped a quick pic.
>>
>> If interested  I know Hilliard had a couple more of the routers.
>> On Nov 28, 2012 11:17 PM, "Thomas W. cranston" <
>> thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Meaning built by Linksys with someone elses name, or built by someone
>>> else with Linsys name stamped on it?
>>>
>>> Tom

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.