[colug-432] Mozilla and Google conspiracy

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Oct 8 12:19:33 EDT 2012

friends --

I use GMail.  Inspired by Scott, I outsource my domain to Google "Apps
for Domains", including email.  Works.

For email, I use TBird when I can, but I also use the web interface.
For several months, Google has been nagging me to "upgrade to a modern
browser".  I am offended that they expect me to upgrade so often.
Firefox 3.6.x is only two years old.  The rapid-fire release numbers
since then are unnerving at least.  Where is stability??  I do have
newer releases of Firefox (and of Thunderbird), but cling to the older
ones for a variety of reasons (some rational, some not).

THE QUESTION is ... how concerned should I be that Google will pull
the plug?  They warn me "some features may not work".  I consciously
take my chances.  But Googoo has been whining more loudly for a week
or two.  Then today, they upped it again.

Thanks for comparing notes and playing sounding board.

'::1, sweet ::1'