[colug-432] Mozilla and Google conspiracy

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Oct 8 19:33:12 EDT 2012

Thanks for all the feedback.

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:
> ... And most importantly, FF3.6 hasn't been supported by Mozilla since
> April. Why should web developers support it when Mozilla won't?

I think what put me off (starting before April, maybe late last year)
was that a FF upgrade broke Flash, or vice versa.  I blew quite a lot
of hours on it, then decided to cling to the older FF.

I explicitly DO NOT trust the self-update feature, but that's a whole
nutha thread.

As it happens, I get similar warnings from TBird (different, more
in-your-face but not as persistent) ... since about April.  Can't
upgrade TBird because two really important plug-ins are broken in its
current release.  I'm similarly stuck (with TBird as with FF) but see
less options on the horizon.  (At least with FF I can blow away my
layered releases and Flash *probably* works.  No such joy in TBird
land.)  What do y'all do for Lightning calendar or Enigmail PGP
support?

'::1, sweet ::1'