[colug-432] (LOPSA Columbus) data center tour, Oct 25

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Tue Oct 16 08:45:23 EDT 2012

And ... since you did post this to C-O-Linux-U-G ... those black
frames, bigger than most, with three blue letters on the decal ... at
least half of them run Linux.

Extinct lizards wanting warmer climates ... flightless birds wanting
cold climates ... odd bedfellows ... who'd a thunk it?

What am I saying about climates?  While you're there, take a stroll
behind the warm Sun or HP or Dell frames, then scoot past the
noticeably cooler IBM z frames.  The chill and heat get swapped.  Go
figure!  Who's your dinosaur now, baby?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Doug Hunley <doug.hunley at gmail.com> wrote:
> (sorry for the cross-promotion, let me know if this is inappropriate
> for this list)
>
> Hey everyone!
>
> I wanted to extend an invitation to you to join the Columbus LOPSA
> chapter during our next meeting where we're going on our final data
> center of the year. This
> time around we'll be taking a tour of a private data center, but it is
> one of the few Tier IV datacenters in Ohio, so we're pretty excited
> about it. The datacenter is one operated by Nationwide Insurance and
> should a great opportunity to see the datacenter technology choices
> made by such a large player.
>
> As usual, the meeting and tour are free, but we do need you to
> register prior so we can get a proper headcount. Please visit the
> event page at: http://eevent.com/lopsa-columbus/201210/ to register
> and let us know you're coming! The datacenter address and specific
> agenda will be forthcoming.
>
> ~~
> For those unaware, the LOPSA Columbus chapter is (currently) the only
> Ohio chapter of the League of Professional System Administrators
> (www.lopsa.org). It meets on the 4th Thursday of every month and the
> meetings are both free to attend and open to anyone in (or interested
> in) the profession. You do not need to be a LOPSA member to attend.
> The Columbus chapter is just over a year old at this point and we'd
> love to see it expand to include members of this group. You can reach
> the chapter via:
> email - lopsa-us-oh-columbus at lists.lopsa.org
> Google+ - http://goo.gl/DQGfJ
> Twitter - @lopsa_cmh