[colug-432] Problem with Grub2

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 30 13:37:39 EDT 2012

I have just revamped my Linux platform and have a question about grub2.

I have two distributions installed and would like to change the order of
selection on the boot screen.  It used to be simple with grub, only
changing the order of the entries in menu.lst

Now, unfortunately for os deficient individuals such as myself it seems
to be a tad more complicated, at least that's the impression that I get
from a Google search.  There doesn't seem to be any sort of menu list,
at least I can't seem to find one.

So the question is whether there is a fool (myself) proof way to select
which system gets started if no initial user action is taken during the
boot process?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.          Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry          Stochastic and multivariate