[colug-432] vpn tunnel or http+tcp forward proxy setup?

Jason jalex at pobox.com
Sun Apr 28 23:42:58 EDT 2013

Hi Mr Hornsby,

http://www.ruchirablog.com/how-to-setup-fully-secure-squid-proxy-netflix-pandora-hulu/

Squid does all kinds of stuff, and I used to use it for logging all kinds
of outgoing connections when I was paranoid.

Anyway, a couple things to note.
-- You can play video over a VM, whether AWS or Microsoft's Azure. So that
gives you a semi-affordable desktop option without VPN.
--   If you run the Squid proxy on AWS, Azure or the like, you're going to
pay by CPU hour and Network transfer also (maybe both the in and out == 2 x
per byte).  So that seems like a fun but pricey way to do it.

StrongVPN sounds great, except it's a predictable workaround and Netflix
probably has it at the top of the list of things to block.

Hope your family in S.Korea gets it working.  And when are you coming back
to C-Bus?

-Jason Alexander