[colug-432] TWC mail servers

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Dec 2 13:18:26 EST 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> I just tried to retrieve email for a roadrunner address.
> It did not work, with or without APOP.

works here (mod the broken SSL part, but that has been true at
their end for a long time)

#
poll pop-server.columbus.rr.com with proto pop3:
        timeout 60
        user "rherrold at columbus.rr.com" there with
	password (elided)
        is herrold here
        fetchall
        expunge 50
#        options ssl
#       ssl sslfingerprint "66:89:36:BA:15:CD:9B:DA:BE:39:02:34:5C:0B:C1:30"
#

[herrold at charles ~]$ cd .fetchmail
[herrold at charles .fetchmail]$ ls -al .*rr*
-rwx------. 1 herrold herrold 329 Jul 12  2011 .fetchmailrc-rr0
[herrold at charles .fetchmail]$ fetchmail -a -v -f \
	.fetchmailrc-rr0
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop-server.columbus.rr.com
(protocol POP3) at Mon 02 Dec 2013 01:14:39 PM EST: poll started
Trying to connect to 107.14.166.42/110...connected.
fetchmail: POP3< +OK InterMail POP3 server ready.
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< RESP_CODES
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< EXPIRE NEVER
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< IMPLEMENTATION Openwave Email vM.8.04.01.13
201-2343-100-167-20
fetchmail: POP3< 131028
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: pop-server.columbus.rr.com: opportunistic upgrade
to TLS failed, trying to continue.
fetchmail: POP3> USER rherrold at columbus.rr.com
fetchmail: POP3< +OK please send PASS command
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK rherrold at columbus.rr.com is welcome here
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for rherrold at columbus.rr.com at
pop-server.columbus.rr.com
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK rherrold at columbus.rr.com InterMail POP3
server signing off.
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop-server.columbus.rr.com
(protocol POP3) at Mon 02 Dec 2013 01:14:39 PM EST: poll
completed
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1
[herrold at charles .fetchmail]$