[colug-432] Ping

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 15:38:58 EST 2013

There are multiple ways to measure the "speed" of your link, and dozens of factors involved.  Ping really just tells you the latency (how long a single packet takes to travel round trip) to your target destination.

It sounds like they tried to detect your connection speed, found that it was slow, and served up lower resolution (and smaller file size) images.

Sent from my iPhone