[colug-432] Intel Centrino

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:10:41 EST 2013

Whats with Intel Centrino? Linux does not seem to like it. I decided to
load XP PRO on my Latitude D600, so I could see if the Intel BG2200
wireless card would function.

A little back story. I installed retroprecise 5.4.3 on it as nothing
else Linux would install with the Centrino except DSL. The Linux driver
did not work well with the wireless. Poorly. I decided to use the
Ndiswrapper. I tried lots of appropriate windows drivers to no avail. I
then thought install XP and see which driver is running the wireless,
then use that driver on the drive that has retroprecise.

I decided to install SolidWorks on the drive I put XP on while I was at
it. That Windows software did not like the centrino either!!

Tom